Introduction To Permaculture
Date: May 22nd – 24th , June 12-14th, July 17th -19th
Location: Wishtree, Devon, EX21 5JN
Permaculture is a natural design science mimicking the patterns of nature. It can be used to help build regenerative and resilient landscapes and communities. It is a solutions based, systems thinking, design process which can help you to adapt to and build resilience for changes in the natural and social ecosystems.
This course will give you an holistic overview of the basic theory and practical application of how permaculture can be used in what you do. We will show you how to use permaculture design in your garden as a pretext to how you can use social permaculture and build your own toolkit to help you with challenges you may be facing in your life.
Examples of areas we will cover are:
- What permaculture is
- The ethics of permaculture
- Zones and sectors
- Pattern recognition
- How you can use permaculture in your everyday life
- The practical application of permaculture design
- How to build a toolkit for adapting to change and for resilience for mental wellbeing.
This is a three day course.
- Day 1 will cover the basic design process.
- Day 2 will introduce you to how to apply the practical application of permaculture design.
- Day 3 will cover social permaculture, where we will bring together days one and two to give you an holistic understanding of how permaculture can be applied for personal resilience.
There will be an opportunity to be resident on this course and experience Wishtree, our off-grid, permaculture demonstration project. You will be able to look at examples of how permaculture design is being used.
Cost includes food and camping and is per person per day
You can find out more about Wishtree by following this link
For more details and to book on any of our courses or events please use our contact page .
About our teaching –
“Good teachers. Had a wealth of experience and knowledge”
“Really felt I learned in an interactive Way”
“Kind, caring Creative…. lots of practical, not lecturing”
“Particularly inspired and empowered, rejuvenated to clarify and refine vision.”
“Equal amounts of practical and sitting. Didn’t feel like we spent too long on any one thing”
About value for money:
“Very generous to share, opportunity in creative ways, priority of sharing info, more than profit which is of huge value.”
“Good value for the combination of food/lectures on hand experience/resources and fun.”
You can find out more about us at the educator profile